Labels

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

HELP! I am Stuck in My Body!

As a woman I have been reduced to a commodity for centuries. My worth, based on my physical exterior and its usefulness to men.  I am simply the house of the womb and a unit used for sexual pleasure.

And because of this, I have internalized these functions as my sole purpose. The sole definition of my femininity.  

I've been told…I am valuable if I am a virgin.  If not I have given myself away and have tarnished my body and soul.  No longer am I special for my future husband and a chunk of my identity has been broken away.  

And if I am not a virgin, I can find validation in my sensuality and sexuality.  I can sell myself short and use my body merely as a tool to afford male’s with physical pleasure.  Never once thinking about my own wants and desires, I can hand over my pleasure (to a man) in order to fulfill his sexual needs.  

But the thing is! 

I do not live in my body.  

Well yes my spirit is housed there. But who I am…who I truly am is not identified by the social standards and limitations projected upon me.  

I am spirit. More than my breast and hips. More than my purity or impurity. My worth is not derived from how large or small my behind is, my choice to have sex or not, my physical beauty or lack there of, or my decision to show off my body or to cover it. I can not and will not be defined by tangible ever changing standards of beauty, femininity, and/or worthiness.  


I am more than my body. I am my soul. 

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, I'm glad you put it in writing <3! I miss you so much :'( love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweetness! I miss and love you more!!

      Delete